Thursday, September 22, 2011

Afraid to be You

After recent discussions I decided that this was a topic worth blogging about.

It seems as though people (I guess I'm saying particularly girls) are afraid to be themselves around  'potential love interests' we'll call them.  And/or they do things such as diets for that person to which they give up on when they're no longer together.  I don't get it.  Why are we trying to hide who we really are from people?  If they don't like you without make-up, in your pjs, and your hair not brushed then they aren't for you anyway.  And if things go well they will see all that and more so why are you trying to hide it from the beginning?  I realize things have steps, because by nature we are all self conscious at some point.  But I don't understand pretending you always look perfect, because no one is dumb enough to believe that.

And if you want to go on a diet, eat healthy, go the the gym, etc.  Then do it for you and because you want to and because it makes you feel better.  Not because you don't want your boyfriend to see that you've gained a few pounds.  Because if he loves you, he'll love you for being you.

Be proud of who you are, you are unique and beautiful in your own way.  And you shouldn't be afraid to let people see who you really are.

Much love my dearests! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment