Sunday, September 18, 2011

Being A Girl

Being a girl sometimes gets us into trouble, our emotions tend get the best of us in certain situations.  I, in general, am pretty good at keeping my emotions in check, but even those of us that are in control of our emotions have break downs every now and then.  Sometimes the struggle for me comes when I don't know whether I should let my emotions show or whether I should keep them inside and just wait and see.  I probably err on the side of caution a bit too much, and don't let many people see the emotional side of me, but we all have ways of protecting ourselves, and I guess that's mine.

I was asked today "how can you be ok with that?"  And believe me there are plenty of situations that I'm not really "ok" with, but I have to think about what's best for the situation.  Being a girl and freaking out, or realizing that there are things in life you can't control and they will work themselves out one way or another?  I've learned over the years that you can't control how other people feel.  You can't make someone like you, you can't make someone faithful, you can't even make someone trust you.  Sometimes they either do or they don't, no matter the reason or how good it might be.  You also can't assume that everyone is going to hurt you, at some point you have to trust people and just hope you're right.

Relationships are complicated, emotions are complicated, and there is not always a clear right or wrong in situations.  There is no manual for life.  We're going to get hurt, we're going to be disappointed, bad things are  going to happen, but sometimes the best news, deepest love, or the greatest rewards come from the lowest points in our lives.  And that's just how it is...

Well, that's it from me for now.  Enjoy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment