Saturday, August 6, 2011

Our Generation

Our generation is all about sex, which seems to have made dating almost disappear.  How do you decide you like someone these days?  You have sex with them...  And if you like it you'll probably do it again, and eventually you may decide that you like them enough to be in a relationship with them.  If you can't find anyone new, you hook up with your ex's until you find someone new you might be interested in.  That's how we do things these days.

I'm not saying I'm innocent and have never participated in such activities, some of you know stories to the contrary.  But I've recently decided I'm over it.  It might just be a temporary state of mind, could be permanent...only time will tell.  But what I learned about myself from being with my ex was that I enjoyed sex a whole lot more when it was someone I was really interested in, someone who was interested in me, someone who made me feel special, comfortable.

There have been several movies out recently about the concept of "Friends with Benefits" which as we all know ends badly, because one person always develops more feelings for the other person than the other one develops.  I've been on both ends of this, I've been the one with more feelings and I've been the one with less feelings.  Either way, it's not fun.

I could say more on the subject, but I guess I will keep some things to myself.  Please don't be offended by anything I've said, I place no judgement on anyone who is participating/wants to participate in such activities.  I've just decided for the moment it's not for me.  I'm choosing to wait for the one who makes me feel special again.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend my <3's!

No comments:

Post a Comment