Thursday, December 22, 2011

Home for the Holidays - or Not

Despite the fact that I moved 2,000 miles away from all my family and friends to go to college about 8 years ago, there are still very few moments over the course of those 8 years that I can say I was legitimately homesick.  It's not that I don't miss my family and friends, I do.  But I cherish the life I have made for myself out here, and cherish the moments I get to spend back in Illinois with them, when I have the chance, even more.

The first time I remember being homesick was my Aunt's memorial.  Every single one of my Aunts, Uncles and Cousins were there except me.  I felt bad that I was the only one missing, but it's what I have learned to live with.  Sometimes you miss out on important moments, but you do the best you can.  And the people that love you will understand.

This will be my first Christmas away from home, and while I can honestly say I will NOT miss having a White Christmas, I could care less about snow and cold weather.  I will, however, miss my family!  Every family comes with drama, and mine is no different, especially around the holidays.  But I want them to know that I already miss them very much and wish I was there to celebrate with them.  Growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be...and neither is this homesick feeling.


Anyway...
Merry early Christmas to all my friends and family in Illinois, Ohio, and wherever else you are.  I love you all VERY much!!









<3

1 comment: