Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Almost a Year

As always I should be doing work right now, but it's been a rough day already so I needed some quick blog therapy.

As we near the one year anniversary of my car dying I continue to wonder how I have not gone clinically insane without a car for a year, especially on days like today.

I woke up late this morning, I don't remember my alarm going off, but oh well can't do much about that now.  I woke up to a message from my roommate telling me he needed his car today (he is nice enough to share his car with me), which meant he needed to take me to work.  He said he didn't remember if I worked so to knock on his door if I needed him to drive me.  I don't know how he didn't remember if I worked since we had talked about the fact that he might have to drive me at 11:30pm last night, but anyway.  So I send him a message when I wake up late saying yes I work this morning and I'd be ready in 10 minutes.  No response... So I get ready and knock on his door, get some food together for work, knock again....stand there and wait, walk in circles...knock again... At this point I should already be at work and I am still at my house a good 15-20 minutes away.  So I make the executive decision to just leave, he must've fallen back asleep, but I can't very well wait to find out and we'll just have to deal with the car thing later.

So...I get to work and apologize to my boss for being late, I don't explain it, because it's my issue not his and there is no excuse really.  I've probably been at work for 30 minutes and I get a message from my roommate...he just got my message and he needs his car.  His sister has a doctor appointment he has to take her to in 30 minutes and it took her 6 months to even get this appointment.  SH*T!  My boss was on the phone so I rather impatiently waited for him to be done and packed up all my stuff.  When he was done I hurriedly explained the situation and said I would work from home and come back later if I could.  I'm extremely flustered at this point and feel HORRIBLE about everything going on.

I get back home, my roommate leaves, and here I sit...suppose to be doing work from home.  Oye!  Now obviously this is not a daily or weekly occurance. But similar events happen about every month to month and a half.  I really do not know how I have not gone insane.  I can't remember exactly what date my car died on...I think it was a Tuesday or Thursday but it was at the end of April/very beginning of May so we are coming up on 1 year.

I would like to thank everyone who has let me borrow their car over the last year because you have helped me more than you will ever know.  Hopefully "non-car" state will not continue for me much longer because I can't handle too many more days like this.  But for now I need to get some work done.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a wonderful rest of the week!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment