Tuesday, July 24, 2012

She is clothed in Strength

I have been thinking about a lot of things recently, as hopefully the culmination of a lot of different 'projects' comes to an end.  This summer has been an interesting one, not one that most people would have or could have predicted.

I have put myself in a position that most people would not advise.  Most people that know the whole story feel I have been taken advantage of.  However, despite the adversity, the opinions, the changes in plans; I have never once questioned who I am as an individual or how I got into this situation.  I put myself where I am and I will get myself out, and be better off for it.

My wrists say "I am" and "I can" and that is now more true than ever.  I have found strength in myself that I never knew I had and I didn't have to struggle to find it.  I know that no matter what happens I can figure it out, I can make it through.  So despite any surprises that came our way this summer, I remained calm, I've figured it out and I've done what I've had to do.  And I'll continue to do that.

I have been in some low places throughout my life and I have always come out a better person.  Sometimes it's easy to get down on yourself, blame other people, be depressed, but for the first time in my life when things didn't go my way, I knew I'd be ok.  Could things have been less difficult, of course.  But I choose the path less traveled constantly.  I am stronger than most.  I am proud of myself and the person I have become!

I recently found this quote and it's my new favorite, I feel it defines me in a way:

She is clothed in Strength and Dignity, and she Laughs without Fear of the Future.  -Proverbs 11:25

No comments:

Post a Comment