Sunday, November 13, 2011

Decisions

Our lives are filled with decisions that need to be made.  Some small, what am I going to eat today?  Some larger, what do I want to be when I grow up?  Is this the person I am meant to spend the rest of my life with?

It seems as though the older we get the more difficult the decisions become, the more complicated it all is.  There isn't always a clear choice, a perfect right or wrong, black or white.  So what do we do?  Do we stay in a marriage we are unhappy in because of our children, do we leave a job we like to try and find something with better money, do we hold out hope that the guy we love will give up his life for us?  To be honest, I don't know what the right answer is.  I'm not sure any one does.

At some point in our lives we are going to hurt people we care about because of a decision that we make.  Unfortunately, it is impossible in life to please everyone and yourself with every decision.  I am very much about giving to others, caring for others, and respecting others.  But sometimes in life the harder decisions cannot be made with other people in mind.  At the end of the day you cannot live your life for other people, you have to live it for yourself.  I have struggled a lot with this concept, I still do, but I cannot always make other people happy.  I deserve to be happy too.  And I'm the one in charge of making myself happy, I cannot expect others to do it for me.

I know I'm not over the hardest decisions in my life, there are more to come.  Some of the closest people to me are going through hard times right now trying to decide what to do.  And I'm sure there are millions more out there trying to make a complicated decision.  Just know that it's not fair to you or anyone involved to live unhappily.  Everyone deserves to be happy, no matter what makes you happy.  And there is always someone that will be there to stand behind you in your toughest decisions.

"Happiness depends on ourselves" -Aristotle.
"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to decide." -Napoleon Bonaparte.
"People are like stained glass windows, they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their true beauty is only seen if there is a light within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

I love quotes and thought that was a perfect way to end this post.  Enjoy <3's!

No comments:

Post a Comment