Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fairy Tales

I don't know what it is about movies that make my head run rampant with thoughts, but for some reason they do.

I went to see Friends with Benefits tonight with Brittany.  SUCH a good movie, by the way, definitely worth seeing.  It did make me miss having someone to make out with.  I love making out...don't know why, but I always have.  But...that's not the point of this little blog.  The point of it is, Fairy Tales.

It's stupid and all kinds of cliche, but all girls want a Fairy Tale and Prince Charming.  I think most of us realize that he won't come riding in on a white horse and sweep us off our feet, but we probably shouldn't crush the dreams of those delusional girls out there.  Most girls just want the man of our dreams to do something extraordinary and win us over, make us believe that he's the only one for us and that we'll live happily ever after.  Actually, I'm not even sure they have to do anything that extraordinary, just making us feel special and wanting to spend their life with us is mostly all we need, ok a few flowers and a ring wouldn't hurt...but we'll skip the details.

I try to hide it most of the time, but there's a romantic in me and I'm a firm believer in "when you know, you know."   I think a lot of people try to pretend and hide their feelings, cause that kinda stuff can be scary, but I believe that there is someone out there for everyone, we weren't meant to be alone.  Sometimes as a character in Friends with Benefits says "you have to update your fairy tale".  A few of us probably need to work on that, but I think it's normal and healthy to have a Fairy Tale, even if it's some what unrealistic.  We all deserve the best, so aim high.

Anyway...that's all I got.  I hope you all get your Fairy Tales and live Happily Ever After...

No comments:

Post a Comment